Challenge Theme: A Tisket, A Tasket, Look What's in My Basket
1. All entries, no matter what category, must display some type of basket and also must pertain to the contents within your basket (e.g., bread, puppies, kittens, flowers, veggies, fabric, fruit, etc.).
2. The size of wall-hanging quilts must be no more than 144 inches around the outside edge. Wall-hangings can be no more then 40 inches on a side (e.g., 36” by 36”, 40” by 32”, 38” by 34”, etc.). This size restriction does not apply to Clothing or Other items.
3. In fairness to everyone, all wall-hanging quilts that do not meet the above size requirements will be displayed at the show, but will not be eligible for voting at the LAQ meeting in March, 2011.
4. If a quilted entry does not fall within one of the first three categories (Pieced, Appliqué, or Clothing) it should be entered in the “Other” category.
5. All entries must include some type of quilting.
6. Appliquéd wall-hangings must be predominantly appliquéd.
7. Pieced wall-hangings must be predominantly pieced.
8. Clothing entries must include some type of quilting.
9. One person can enter items into at maximum two different categories. Please choose wisely as you may only enter one item into a specific category.
10. All wall-hanging quilts must have an attached 4 inch sleeve for display hanging purposes.
11. All entries, no matter what category, must have a sewn on label. The label must have your name for identification and the category in which the item is entered.
12. All entries MUST be turned in by the LAQ meeting in February 2011. NOTE: Any entry handed in after the LAQ February 2011 meeting will be displayed at the Quilt Show with the other entries, but will not be eligible for voting.
13. Entries will be displayed and voted on at the LAQ meeting in March 2011.
14. Open to all members in good standing (requires January 2011 dues to be paid).